Monday, February 22, 2010

Black Hair Growth Tips?

Hi, im not bald headed or anything...Just have a problem with hair growth


my hair grows so0o0oo slow and it also breaks easily


i came across this website: look plz... http://www.ubhpublications.com/hairGrowth/HairGrowth.html


her name is cathy howse and i read about her products and i also read some of the testimonals from people who brought her product. do you think this is ligit?


should i try her product or just use her method.( not cutting your ends and keeping your hair washed ever 3-4 days and also keeping it moisturized)





and im really strict about clipping my ends..I hate it beacuse i never get a chance to see the new growth.


I currently have braids which have been in for 3 months now and they look fab i must say ( due to me getting them done over and over). I dont plan on taking them out until august





can any body give me any tips???? is cathy's program a fake?


tell meBlack Hair Growth Tips?
I'm natural, and don't use her products, but I've heard really good things about Cathy Howse's books and products from women who relax.





Anyway, you don't have to buy any of her stuff to grow your hair. For example, I'm growing my hair to waist length using Giovanni conditioner/water to moisturize, and I wash and deep condition with whatever I have on hand. I've only had 1 trim since I started growing out my hair, because since I moisturize often, my ends stay moist and healthy.





I will try to give you some types that I've picked up, though:


* Stretch your relaxers! This seems to be one of the golden rules w/ relaxed women. Stretch for at least 8 weeks, if you can.


* Moisturize!


* Deep condition at least once a month. I DC at least once a week, though.


* Avoid petroleum-based products. That stuff ain't nothing but grease.


* Wash/Clarify as needed. If you develop product build-up on our scalp/hair often, you'll need to wash/clarify more often. If you don't, you'll clog you're scalp, and/or your products may cease being effective.


* Limit heat! Try to greatly reduce your heat use, if you use it. I flat-iron about 2x/year. I blow-dry every couple of months; no more than 6x/year though. Using a hooded dry is okay, because it's indirect heat.


* Protect your ends! This is the oldest and IMO, the most important part of your hair. If your ends are forever dry, and break off, you won't ever see any length.


.....there's more, but those are most of the basics, and I don't want to write a novel on YA...*smiles*





Also, there are forums dedicated to women of color who want to grow their hair out. I participate on Long Hair Care Forum. You have to pay to actually post, but it's free to view all the Hair Information. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/鈥?/a>





There is also Black Hair Media. I don't participate here, but I've heard good things about this site: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/





I'm assuming you're relaxed, but if you ever want to venture on the nappy side *smiles*, come to Nappturality.


http://www.nappturality.com/forum/Black Hair Growth Tips?
its hard to say whether cathy's program is fake or not. some things work for some women and some dont. have you ever thought taking hair vitamins?





they are vitamins that help your hair grown faster and stronger. my cousin has been taking them for about 6 months and she's had a pretty good amount of growth.





hope i helped. =)
braids can pull your hair out


especially if they are tight





when growing out your hair


get a hair cut about every three months when you have slow growing hair





good circulation helps hair grow.. so massage your scalp often


and


blood nourishes your hair so exercise more than usual








everyone is different.. so remember.. your individuality

No comments:

Post a Comment